2008 State Snapshots
New features on this Web site provide more ways to analyze the quality of health care in your State compared to all States and States in the same region:
- New Focus Areas
- Focus on Asthma includes State-specific information on the following:
- Prevalence of adult self-reported asthma rates
- Potentially preventable hospitalizations for children, adults, and the elderly
- Potential returns on investment of asthma care quality improvement programs for Medicaid, State employees, and privately insured.
- Focus on Disparities includes State-specific information on disparities in the quality of care compared to the Nation by the following:
- Racial/ethnic groups – Blacks (Non-Hispanic), Asian/Pacific Islanders (Non-Hispanic), and Hispanics (All Races)
- Socioeconomic groups – Low income communities.
- Revised Features
- State Dashboard – revised graphics succinctly display all of the summary measures on health care quality allowing a clear view of the range of your State's performance.
- Focus on Diabetes – added section on Prevalence includes a U.S. map showing the adult self-reported prevalence of diabetes by State.
To access these new pages, first select your State from the State Selection Map and then select the link from the left navigation menu.