2009 State Snapshots
New features on this Web site provide additional ways to analyze the quality of health care in your State:
- New Focus Areas
- Focus on Payer shows State-specific information on the quality of hospital care by the expected primary payer, including:
- A State to U.S. comparison by payer (privately insured, Medicare, Medicaid, and the uninsured).
- The disparity between Medicare, Medicaid, and the uninsured and the privately insured for your State compared to the U.S.
- Focus on Variation Over Time shows the high degree of variation across States and over time in potentially avoidable adult and pediatric hospital admissions for composites of acute and chronic conditions.
- Revised Features
- Focus on Disparities is expanded to include:
- Select hospital care measures for inpatient mortality, patient safety, and birth and obstetric care.
- A summary of the State-specific comparisons of Hispanics (All Races), Blacks (Non-Hispanic), and Asian/Pacific Islanders (Non-Hispanic) to Whites (Non-Hispanic) on quality of care measures.
- State-to-State comparisons for each summary measure (e.g., Overall Health Care Quality, Types of Care, Setting of Care, and Care by Clinical Area) are expanded to include:
- Both a table showing the best performing States and a table showing all States alphabetically. These tables are located on the “Best Performing and All Other States” page for each summary measure.
To access these new pages, first select your State from the State Selection Map and then select the link from the left navigation menu.